The stylist shares her favorite elements for a springtime wedding in California
After cutting her teeth as Anna Wintour’s assistant and as a market editor at Vogue, Cynthia Cook Smith moved to San Francisco and launched her career as a wedding stylist—helping brides edit the look of their big day (from hair and makeup to stationery and floral design) and, of course, guiding them through the arduous process of finding the perfect dress. With impeccable taste and an eye for details that are authentic and celebratory, Cook Smith recently went through the experience firsthand as she planned her summer nuptials on the island of Nantucket (she called on bridesmaid and fellow Californian Laura Vassar Brock of Brock Collection to design the custom bridesmaid gowns). Here, the stylist shares her favorite elements for a springtime wedding in California. cynthiacookbrides.com.
1. Janelle Sing watercolor wedding map, janellesing.com.
2. Oscar De La Renta guipure lace trumpet gown, $12,990, oscardelarenta.com.
3. Carolina Herrera bias-cut column gown, $7,490, Carolina Herrera, B.H.
4. San Ysidro Ranch, 900 San Ysidro Ln., S.B.
5. Gigi Clozeau Classic Madone bracelet, $300, gigiclozeau.com.
6. Mila Moursi Lifting Serum, $440/30 mL, milamoursi.com.
7. Luisa Beccaria organza fil coupé dress, price upon request, luisabeccaria.it.
8. Brock Collection Darling Dress, $2,490, HeroShop, S.F.
9. Oscar de la Renta boutique, 8446 Melrose Pl., L.A.
10. Valerie Confections almond cake, $65, valerieconfections.com.
11. Auberge du Soleil 180 Rutherford Hill Rd., Rutherford.
12. Peonies for spring.
13. Fifi Venezia Canal State blue brocade slide, $350, fifivenezia.com.
Written by KELSEY McKINNON.